We left Denham today heading for Carnarvon, we crossed the 26th Parralel a short drive of about 300Km. Once we got into Carnarvon we found a motel, as it is Monday night we had to keep up the tradition so we could watch revenge, great show.
We picked up a few essentials from Carnarvon and we were heading north again.

We got on the road about 9 after getting some washing done. The guy at the DEC told us that it was about a 3 hour drive to get to the the most westernly point of Australia, well this may have been a slight exegeration. We drove along what I would describe as the worst road in the country, and those of you that know about my PC09 experience, this is worse. We could actually see sunlight between the dash and the dash pod du to the corrugations in the road.
We got to the ranger station where we had to pay our $11 entry fee, they should have paid us for going there. I asked the ranger to keep an eye out for my teeth when they run the grader over the track next, her reply was it is almost a track. I beleive her now.
After the ride you get to the point where you see the sign and the whole trip becomes worthwhile, there are beautiful beaches and the view is magnificant. I know it sounds like a winge but it is well worth the trip, besides now I have both East and West photos, North and South to work on.
The trip home was a little quicker, and once on the sealed road again we inflated the tyres to highway preasures and we where back in the van park.
We have some video of the trip, once I can edit it I will place it on the site for all to see. I have also managed to get some photos on the gallery page, have a look.

We arrived at the Blue Dolphin van park last night, not as flash as it sounds, we are planning on spending a couple of days here as there are a few things to do.
We start today with an early trip to Monkey Mia, 28Km from Denham. We pay our entry fee and park the car, there are a few people already here. We spend some time looking around the displays and then make our way to the boardwalk as instructed. It is done this way to keep the dolphins out in the deeper water to feed longer.
We notice the dolphins heading in to the shallow water and watch as they play. Our position for the feeding was on the peir, we had a good spot and could see the dolphins quiet well.
There are only 5 females dolphins that get fed out of all the dolphins that visit Monkey Mia, this is to ensure that they don't loose the ability to hunt for themselves.
The first feed is complete and we decide that a coffee is required so off to the resort and have a nice coffee and some scones with jam and cream. We also did the tourist thing and got some postcards and sent them out to people back home, a new snow globe for Mum and fridge magnet for Dad and we were heading back to the car.
We noticed that the second feeding of the dolphins was about to start and with less people we went down to the beach, I had the new GOPRO underwater camera and placed it in to see what I could capture, I proved one thing, Jaques Coustaeu I am not.
I also need to mention that Stacey has been looking forward to getting a photo of an emu, well there are a few of them that hang around the resort at Monkey Mia, they seem friendly enough, but you are never sure are you. Photo taken, enough said.
I got close enough to the dolphin that I was invited in the water to see that I could have reached out and touched it, this is not allowed anymore, and I wish I had of waited around and had a swim in the allocated area, the dolphins will come up to you.
We left Monkey Mia and headed back to Denham, next stop was the Ocean Aquarium, this was very interesting. They have a great array of fish and sharks, all of them come out at feeding time, I would have loved to be able to feed them with my rod and hook. There are huge pink snapper, jew fish, mangrove jacks, and many more. A great display and well worth the visit, except the bridge that you walk over to the shark tanks is a little rocky under foot, maybe they are hopeing that they can save on shark food one day if the bridge falls into the tank.
We rounded of the day fishing on the Denham jetty, I as usual was out fished by Stacey who got a couple of cracker fish, as we were camping we did not really have the facilities to clean and cook fish so they either made it back to the water or got passed of to others fishing on the jetty. I managed a couple of squid.
A long day and a long post. Stay tuned for our trip to Steep Point tomorrow.

After a few photos of Geraldton and some medical supplies we were northbound again. and this time I was sure to take the correct road. Our first stop was Port Gregory where we had to drive past the pink lakes, this is caused by an abundance of beta carratine in the water and it makes the lake look pink. Once in Port Gregory we found this beautiful place right on the beach, white sands and crystal clear water.
Next stop Kalbarri, this place is also worth a look, very nice indeed.
From Kalbarri it was a race to Denham, we checked into the Blue Dolphin caravan park ready for the next few days of our great trip.

Left Wundowie today and started our trip to Geraldton. This was a very dissapointing trip as I missed the coast road, not much to report. :(
We stayed in a nice van park in Geraldton and after a long drive it was a great sleep.

Today we got an early start and drove to Freemantle, we boarded the boat and went to Rottnest Island, the boat trip was uneventful and as usual I showed how easily I can fall asleep when there is a little movement.
We arrived on the Island and had a coffee, we can see how the Island is for tourists, as a coffee was well over the price you would pay anywhere else.
We decided that maybe hiring the bikes would be a waste of time as pushing them would be harder than walking, so walk it was.
We had a look at some of the buildings and read a little into the history of Rottnest. Very interesting and holds a dark past.
We walked out to a place on the coast they call the basin, a very beautiful spot where the limestone has eroded and the water looks like it has filled a basin, if the weather had of been a little better we would have had a swim.
We found some quokka, a small marsupial that are found on the Island, stacey as usual had to have a pat and a small feed of palm nuts and the job was done. Very cute little critter, I bet they taste great too.
Back to Wundowie and spent our last night with Aaron (Zed) great to catch up with him, and after all the years that have past he hasn't changed a bit. We made a promise to not let that much time get between us again.

Today was a rest day to get a few things done. We are in Wundowie at a mates place.
We went and put $15 into the local economy, lunch at the local community centre, great taosted ham cheese and tomatoe sanga ladies, complete with potato chips.
Tomorrow we are heading to Rottnest Island.
Busselton to Bunbury, after a look around Busselton we headed to Bunbury, then out to Harvey for a look at the giant Orange. What do we find? A cheese factory so another stop had us with some more yummy cheese and a stick of emu salami, I always said that the emu would be good for something, yes that would be food.
We hit the freeway and before long we have reached Perth, so a trip around the outskirts set us down at Cotesloe beach, people from over here rave about this place, I thought Manly looked better. Drove past Campbell Barracks in Swanbourne and wished I had the couple of log periodics thet where sticking up in the air. Campbell Barracks is the home of the SASR, I guess they need the antennas more than me.
From there we headed to Wundowie, a small town 75Ks from Perth, we are staying with a mate for a day or so, Zed has a nice house in this town, hope to get on the 80M net tonight and then tomorrow we are heading to

Leaving Augusta we went to the Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse, I think that these magestic structures deserve a look at every opertunity. I had a chat to the ranger and he informed me that we were closer to Antartica at this point that we were to Townsville. Cape Leeuwin is also the spot where you first get to see the Indian ocean. You have the Southern ocean on one side and the Indian ocean on the other.
Heading toward Margaret River, this is a beautiful part of WA, and we traveled along Caves Rd, this is named obviously for the limestone caves, we had a look but decided that the $22 entry fee per person was a little high, and we can also look at limestone caves back home and off we went. Next stop Margaret River cheese factory, we purchased some nice cheese then headed for the Margaret River Chocolate factory, again yummy and probably the best mudcake and mocha coffee I have ever had, also the most expensive.
Margaret River is a huge winery area, we are not really into wine so we didn't really stop at any, as they all have flash names, if there was one called goon bags galore, then maybe we would have.
We rounded the day up by visiting Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse then headed to Busselton for the night.

Woke to a beautiful sunrise in the national park, went back to Maccas and had some nice coffee, atleast they were open. Collected some provisions from the various shops then went for a look around Albany. Another nice place, the lady in the visitors centre took all our mail and sent it with her mail.
From Albany we started our short trip to Augusta, on the way we made our first stop, Elephant Rocks Cider Company. We tried a few of the things that they had on offer and walked away with some toffee and a bag of chilli peanuts, yum.
Back on the road and we came along a sign that said "Valley of the giants" we thought this might be a good place to have a look, and we are glad that we did. We walked into this ancient forrest of huge red tingle trees, the best part is that you pay your money and you get to take the skywalk and you end up walking in the canopy of the forest and look into the trees and the ground below. A little wonky underfoot but we made it around. "AMAZING"
We drove on to Augusta and found a motel so we could wash our bodies and devoured a huge fat boy burger from stroppys